Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Alex Hoag Run for Sunshine



Well this is my "anniversary" run. I don't know what else to call it but that.  Last year this was my first race and I feel that this will be a good placer to see where I came from. Last year I was very unprepaired but this year I was ready. I practiced hill work and built leg strength. Brad decided to run this race too. :) He has not trained for a 10K so I am very shocked that he decided to up and run that. I just wanted to do my 5K since I have the 10K classic next week.

2011 Results:                             2010 Results:
Offical Time: 00:29:01             Offical Time: 00:38:35
Age Place: 7th/14                     Age Place: 22/27
Gender Place:                            Gender Place: 116/ 184
Overall Place:                            Overall Place: 260/348

I gave everything I had today, I started strong and finished strong! I used the hills to my advantage, training for these really paied off! I pushed myself to the limits I ran through cramps, and ackes at one point I really started to doubt myself that I could do this but when I check my Nike+ at mile marker 2 I couldn't believe that I was at 18 minutes! When I hit the Mile marker 3 it was all down hill and I kicked it into gear and ran my heart out, my legs were shot at the end and I stumbled to the water station, but I FINALLY felt like an elite runner, now I may never see that time again, but giving everything I had was WORTH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment