Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Black and Blue

If you told me I could not run for a set peroid of time I really wouldn't know what to do with myself.  I love to run, if I can not run I feel lost, like I am missing something.  Running makes me a better person, it helps me think thru tough decisions, it allows me to release all my tensions, sometimes I run until I am completely empty and all I feel is the earth beneath my feet and the wind wrapping their arms around me.

On Sunday I almost took a good digger coming down Barr Trail.  I was able to catch myself and keep going, but the stress that I put on my left knee was more then it could handle.  I am usually pretty cautious when it comes to my knees.  I have already had knee surgery and I really don't want to repeat it. 

I woke up this morning and had noticed that my LT knee was a shade darker then it was the day before.  Feeling a little nervous about the potential of hurting my knee again I thought it would be a good idea to swing into the athletic trainers office and have him take a look at it.  One of the perks of working in  a High School, besides having access to an ice bath whenever I need it.


After a bit of poking, pulling and pushing he told me that I have a bruised patella tendon.  Everything is well intact which I was happy to hear and I thought that was the case.  He told me that I can keep my mileage the where it but I just need to keep an eye on it.  If I start to feel pain then I need to back off on my run.  So basically just baby the thing I should be back to normal in two to three weeks.

I took a picture of my knee this morning and you can see the shade of purple that it has become.
Wow! I really need to get some sun my legs! I have a run tonight at Red Rock Open Spaces which I am looking forward to.  So, I hope my knee can keep up.  Saturday is my first race of the Summer Series, fingers crossed that I am back to my normal self sooner than later!

I run in the snow, rain, wind and heat. I run until I cannot run anymore then I run some more. I run thru the blur of tears, the aches and pains and then I keep going. I have more running clothes than some running stores, I know Fartklet does not mean like it sounds. I go to bed at 9pm; I get up early just to do it all over again. Why do I do this? Because I am a runner and that's who I am"

No comments:

Post a Comment