Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Monday, October 7, 2013

Fall Series #1

North Monument Valley Park 3.5 Mile
Fall Series #1

I woke up Sunday morning still in pain from the pulled muscle in my back. I really did think I would not be able to run, since running the day before caused me some serious pain! I was really worried with only two weeks left till the marathon I can not have any injuries. I have come so far I can't back down now.

Walking around the house for a few hours, I thought I could loosen her up. I stood in the shower and let the hot water beat on my back, took a few aspirin and stretched as much as I could.

I played it by ear all the way to the start. As I got near the start I spotted my teammates and the pain got put to the back of my mind. I felt like I could not let my girls down, so I sucked it up. But the little voice in my head was screaming at me, "What are you doing, you know this is a bad idea you could really injure yourself further."

I mentioned my teammates,tThis year I joined a team known as DFL's. We say it means Dam Fine Ladies, but any other acronym will be just fine too.

Example: Dead Flippin' Last, Don't Forget Liquor, Don't F*%# Looser...ect


I wasn't going out for a good time I just wanted to finish in one piece and not in pain. So I just jogged slowly and talked with Kimmy. I really miss having her as my running partner, but put us back together and you'd swear no time has passed.

This race you get the lovely opportunity to run up Monument Valley Creek for half a mile. With all the rain Colorado has gotten the water was icy cold and smelled really bad. I really hate this part of the series. I will do the hills I will face the cold, but I really dislike running in the water!

Overall I am okay with my performance all things considered. I felt strong on the hills and I didn't walk except in the water. I think I could put out better times if we didn't have to do the water.

I will miss the second run since I will be in Denver for the Rock -n- Roll Marathon. Yep here I go again.

Time: 0:57:02
Age Place: 40/44
Gender Place: 144/373
Overall: 345/375


"I run in the snow, rain, wind and heat. I run until I cannot run anymore then I run some more. I run thru the blur of tears, the aches and pains and then I keep going. I have more running clothes than some running stores, I know Fartklet does not mean like it sounds. I go to bed at 9pm; I get up early just to do it all over again. Why do I do this? Because I am a runner and that's who I am"

No comments:

Post a Comment