Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Offical Time and Recaps

Look I got an "Official Certificate" for running the 100th Bay to Breakers!


My Official time is 01:36:20 

Here are my split times:
I think I could have done way better! Here is the delima. First off Brad and I planed to run this race at the best of our ability. Our phones did not charge last night and our phones were on their last leg, so I decided to be a team player and for go all the training I did. With 55,000 people running trying to meet up with each other at the end would have been a mess, so I walked with Brad when he needed to rest. Brad did not train for this race, so I decided to take pictures and enjoy this race. I am a little down on myself, but it is okay, next year I will run the race at my full potential.
Here are some of the images that I captured from our race:

Since 1997, this building sits on the corner of 6th and Howard. It is an abandoned apartment building. There are pieces of furniture, beds, couches and even a grandfather clock all suspended from the building's widows with cables, known as "defenestration" (meaning to throw out) creating the illusion of failing. The piece was created by a local artiest Brian Goggin.
We ran in to the Bay to Breakers "Spawning Salmon" on Hayes street.
 The 15ft "Spawning Salmon" run the Bay to Brakers every Year. They get to start at the end of the race and "swim upstream" the crowd of participants. When they get to the start line, they lay on the ground and squirm around and "spawn".
WARNING NUDITY WILL FOLLOW THIS!!!
At many points we ran into the "Bare to Breakers". Yep, this mean people run in their birthday suits. The Bare to Breakers, are "demonstrating and promoting self-acceptance and realization that each person's body, no matter size or shap is good and admirable; and that one's own body should be viewd as the most wonderful creation we have."
We also spoted a few note worthy people:
The Royal Family made the trip to SF!
Where's Waldo, saw him a few times along the way!
This group won "Best Musical Group" I really thought that they were great!
So to wrap it up there are so much more to share but you will have to visit my facebook page to see the rest. Over all it was such an amazing experience and I would do it all over again. But make sure my phone was charged! Hope you enjoyed the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment