Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pre Race Thank yous

So, in about 9 hours I will be crossing the starting line and I wanted to regroup and capture some thoughts and thank a few people that have encouraged me. Also, this will be as close as I will ever get to an acceptance speech of importance.
Mom. Thank you. Without you I would have not done this. When you told me that you have Cancer something clicked inside of me that made me want to do something for you. You can not run this race, so I will dedicate this run to you. You deserve it more that I do. I made you a promise and I will keep running as long as you keep fighting and on each anniversary I will run one for you. You are part of me and by me running I feel that you are living through me. Love you!
 
 
Trista. Even though we are miles apart and have lost contact over the years, you have always come back into my life when I needed direction. You may never know how important you have been in my life. You gave me encouragement in high school and I straightened out my life. Your encouragement gave me strength to keep running and a competitive edge. Thank you, you are an angle.
 
 
To some good friends Chris, thank you for joining Jack Quinn's and encouraging me on my runs. Thank you for not always offering me bad foods and encouraging me to stay on the right path. Charlotte, you are my best friend and my sister, you believed in me when I had no faith, you told me that I can do it when I thought of throwing in the towel. Thank you for being my rock. Melissa, I just smile when I think of your peppy chats and encouragement, you are the best! Joe, thanks for running with me and pushing me to do better, I need you to kick my but now and then to keep me going!
 
 
And finally to everyone else, thank you for following me on this blog, facebook. Without your posts and words or encouragement I could have not made this journey. I was talking to Mom and Dad I told them I can not believe it has been a year since I started a journey and the idea of Running the Bay to Breakers was just an idea. However, knowing that people were interested in this journey made it all possible.
 
 
So that being said, I am going to log off and try to get some sleep. Tomorrow I will be blogging about my journey to the finish line.
 
 
Wish me luck folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment