Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Friday, April 6, 2012

I Tri.....(ed)


I can officially call myself a triathlete! On Sunday I competed on my first triathlon.  I found this to be tough in some aspects, but just like running your first 5K race you realise that it was doable.

Swimming was not my strong point.  As some of you may know I have a slight phobia of water and the idea of swimming more then the 200m swim is a little scary, but I am sure with the right training and maybe a little liquid courage I could work up to longer distances, but let's not get a head of myself! One step at a time.
Switching between the swim and the bike was my hardest transition.  Trying to change while you are half wet and and dry it tough.  Everything stuck to me, especially my sports bra, I couldn't get the stupid thing down my back.  It was like the sucker wanted to stay bunched up and wouldn't come down.  I was seconds away from sucking it up and just going with it, but this being my first race, I decided I would go for comfit and forgo my overall times.

The bike was my best event! I felt like I was pumping out great times.  I was slightly worried about my ars getting sore, but guess all those spinning classes have paid off!  Very glad that I bit the bullet and got myself shoes that clip in.  The push/pull that you get from proper shoes is AWESOME!

Running was a little harder then expected.  My quads were really tight form the bike so it took about a mile to get my legs to loosen up.  Once I got into my rhythm, I did okay 33minutes which is not that bad and not that far off from my normal 5K times.

Overall I felt great! I was a little tired and hungry after the event. So I sat with a friend and had a chicken wrap and laid by the pool, this was a great way to end the day.  Thank you Karin!

Swim 200m in 00:02:43
Bike 10M in 00:20:00
Run 5K: 00:33:00
Total time: 01:03:00


I run in the snow, rain, wind and heat. I run until I cannot run anymore then I run some more. I run thru the blur of tears, the aches and pains and then I keep going. I have more running clothes than some running stores, I know Fartklet does not mean like it sounds. I go to bed at 9pm; I get up early just to do it all over again. Why do I do this? Because I am a runner and that's who I am"

1 comment:

  1. wow... you were moving! especially on the bike...congrats!

    ReplyDelete