Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Neilson's April Challenge

When I got to the April Neilson Challenge I noticed a slight chill in the air, my car said it was 37 degrees.  Not to bad I forwent the jacket, figured I'd get to hot. I was running a little late so I jogged down to the start like where Kim was waiting for me. While Kim and I were chatting I noticed someone from the Saint Patrick's day run that we took a picture with. I went up and asked

"excuse me but did you wear the green Mohawk wig at the Saint Patrick's Day run?"

Turns out it was. The three of us got to chatting and I found out that he is a regular running in the community and was planning to do the Pikes Peak Ascent.  Kim was thinking of doing this and has tried to talk me in to it, but I don't think I a ready for that, maybe next year.  I already have enough of the docket for the year.

While I was standing around I tried to sync my watch but it was being a stinker and wouldn't connect to the signal so I am unsure of my split times.  When I passed mile marker one I looked up and saw that my 1 mile time was 09:20-something.  Little bit of a shoker, and I felt great!  I had a good rhythm and decided that I would try to pick up the pace and let the trail take my legs.  Here I am coming into my second Mile.


When I came in the finish shoot I was pleasantly surprised that I was seeing 18 minutes!  I kinda wished I had my watch then, I would have tried to push it a little harder. "You can do anything for ten minutes".  As you can see I am thinking hard today. It also looks like my heal strike and posture is getting better.

Could be the new shoes that gave me great times, I did notice that they were not slipping around in the gravel like my brooks usually do.  Who knows?!? It was just a great day for an early run.


I run in the snow, rain, wind and heat. I run until I cannot run anymore then I run some more. I run thru the blur of tears, the aches and pains and then I keep going. I have more running clothes than some running stores, I know Fartklet does not mean like it sounds. I go to bed at 9pm; I get up early just to do it all over again. Why do I do this? Because I am a runner and that's who I am"

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done! And yes.. looks like a perfect mid-foot strike from the pics. It's been 4 months since I did a Nielson... timing has been bad.. hopefully May.. did you get a new shirt to match the new shoes?? :-)

    ReplyDelete