Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Rock Canyon Half Marathon

KOAA News forecast predicted Saturday's run to be cold. The high for Pueblo, CO was 26 and at 9am it was only 20 degrees with winds at 17mph which made it feel like 13 degrees! Talk about cold! 

This race was a very low key run so there was no chip timing, but what do you expect when the entry was only $35 bucks.  I didn't hear a got star so I think it was just a 1-2-3 off you go start.  everyone started off slow since the pavement was quite icy!  Kim and I started out of the gate a little faster than we normally do so we lost valuable energy.  Also, with the ice, you are using different muscles and watching where you are stepping.

Here is a map of the route:


















We did two laps around the city park and then headed out to the trail.  The first right turn into the
trail was a paved downhill.  It was very steep! This run is an out and back trail run with gradual rolling hills. There are a few open areas where the wind came ripping thru and made it feel like my face was going to fall off!

I finished with a time of 2:51:00 give or take a few.  I am waiting for the vendor to post the finishers photo's so I will add them later.

Here are a few photos that we got from the race:

Kim and I at Mile 2.5 as you can see we are having alot of fun. Seeing other crazy people out there fighting the cold made it more motivating to run.



Kim and I after the finish! We had just gotten out medals, so it's time to wear them proud!
                                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment