Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Friday, December 30, 2011

The Year Of...

At the end of the year I tend to drive myself crazy and think about what I did or did not accomplish over the year. For once I feel really good about what I have done this year! I am not a one to set a "New Year's Resolution" mostly because I can never stick to all the things I set out to do (eat better, drink less, cross train more, build a bigger nest egg).

One thing that I can follow thru with is my training schedule. Right now I am focused on planning out my race schedule for next year. I have a few ideas on the docket but I am not sure where this years road will lead me. I have thought about adding trail running.
Here is what last years schedule panned out to be:

March 12, 2011: Saint Patrick's 5K (1/5 of the Grand Prix)
May 7, 2011: Take 5 in the Garden (2/5 of the Grand Prix)
May 23, 2011: 100th Bay to Breakers in San Fransisco
June 18, 2011: Sailin' Shoes 5K (3/5 of the Grand Prix)
July 16, 2011: Alex Hoag Run for Sunshine 5K (came in 7th for my age group)
July 23, 2011: Classic 10K (4/5 of the Grand Prix)
August 13, 2011: Starlight 5k at the AFA
October 1, 2011: Great Pumpkin 5k run (5/5 of the Grand Prix)
October 9, 2011: Denver Rock and Roll Marathon
December 3, 2011: Rock Canyon Half Marathon

Last year turned out to be busier than I thought it would be. I had only planned to do the Grand Prix and the Bay to Breakers, but the "bug" bit me and I kept going. This next year I have planned just a few races:
Grand Prix of Running (Short Series May-October)
Sprint Triathlon (April 2012)
Bolder Boulder 10K (May 28, 2012)
Georgetown to Idaho Springs (August 11, 2012)

I know that I want to do another Marathon in there somewhere. Denver sounds good to do again, but then there is the Xterra Marathon, which would get me trail running, but again no to thrilled about it. I would love to do the Colorado Marathon, but $250 for an entry fee is a little steep! There is the Big Sur Half Marathon which I could stay at my parents so I would just have to pay for a flight. But as you can see I already have a bit on my plate, and I should see what falls on it next.

What are your race goals/schedule for 2012?

Do you like to make "New Year's Resolutions"?

No comments:

Post a Comment