Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Friday, May 31, 2013

10 Weird Running Things I Do

It is very true just like any other sport or hobby you develop a set of traditions or superstitions about how if you do this one thing, you will be that much better. I know that I am guilty of these here are some of the things I do:

  1. Pin your running bib on your shirt and lay out your whole outfit in the order you are to put it on the night before just to have a few extra minutes of sleep.
  2. Always have the same race day breakfast regardless if it is a 5K or Marathon, because you don't want to get cramps.
  3. Check you GPS watch constantly when your running because you feel like you have gone further and feel faster than you are.
  4. Hold your GPS watch out to the sky because it will sync faster that way.
  5. Whenever you travel anywhere you must pack your favorite running shoes and watch but wear them instead thru the security check point, because just in case they loose your luggage you have your favorite running shoes and watch.
  6. Plan your vacation and then scout the net for the nearest run in the area.
  7. Can not pass thru Target with out at least walking thru the running stuff even though you went there to pick up your medication on the other side of the store.
  8. Religiously check your mail box once or twice a day near the first of the month hopping that the new edition of Runner's World has shown up and only check your mail once a week after that because there's nothing else interesting in your mail box.
  9. When you see someone get on the treadmill next to you, you must keep running until they get off their treadmill just to out run them even though you've already finished your millage for the day.
  10. When you buy new running clothes, you think about how can I wear this with my everyday work clothes.


"I run in the snow, rain, wind and heat. I run until I cannot run anymore then I run some more. I run thru the blur of tears, the aches and pains and then I keep going. I have more running clothes than some running stores, I know Fartklet does not mean like it sounds. I go to bed at 9pm; I get up early just to do it all over again. Why do I do this? Because I am a runner and that's who I am"

No comments:

Post a Comment