Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Monday, May 20, 2013

Women’s Distance Festival - 5K


Some of you may know that I took time away from my running.  I had some major changes in life that kept me from my running. I am working hard to make my come back and with each day it gets a little easier and I get stronger.

Saturday the 18th was the Women’s Distance Festival.  There were a few reason's I choose this run:
 
# 1.   It was cheap….$15
# 2.   All the proceeds went to help “Girls on the Run of the Rockies”, an organization that teaches healthful living and empowers girls 8 to 13.
# 3.   Did I mention the medal?
# 4.   I needed to see what I could do
# 5.   I signed up when I had endorphins rushing to keep me motivated
# 6.   Did I forget to mention the medal?

 It was a gorgeous morning and I felt like it was a good day for a run! I started out the run in a nice comfortable 10 minute pace and I thought okay, if I keep this up I can hit my goal. I tried to tune into my music and just run let the road carry me along.  

As you can see at the start I am really feeling good:

 

From my time you can guess it, hills! There were four inclines, which normally are not bad but I lost my umph on them. I blew thru the first water check. After I hit 1.5 I wanted water there would be another one at 2. I can tell that I had not hydrated enough for a warm day and I got that dam cotton mouth! ICK! Between 2 and 3 the wheels started to come off. I really lost my momentum and knew I started out too fast. I got frustrated because I remember where I was last year and where I am now….starting over is really hard to do.

 I got irritated when the younger boys that had finished already where cheering us along. I just looked at them and scoffed to myself. I could be your mother! This just sucks. I know they are really trying to encourage all the participants and it really was for a good cause, but I got mad at myself because I know I could do better.

When I got the medal placed around my neck, I remembered something someone had once said it me and it made me feel a little better,

 “No one ever gave me a medal for being a good sister, daughter, wife or mother. When I get a medal placed around my neck after I finish a race it tells me look at what you did, you did this yourself and you did an amazing job, congratulations


Usually, after a race I get something to eat and I walk around and wear my medal proudly.  I like to wear it as long as I can that day. People as you about it and you hear things like, wow that is really neat, wow I don’t think I can do that, wow you’re crazy! Okay, that last one is usually only comes from family and friends and they usually say things like wow you did a 5K how long did it take you to run that marathon?
 
I am doing my best to look at this run as a starting place.  We all have to start somewhere right? I have my base line to start with and I can only go up from here. I just have to keep moving on foot in front of the other and repeat.



"I run in the snow, rain, wind and heat. I run until I cannot run anymore then I run some more. I run thru the blur of tears, the aches and pains and then I keep going. I have more running clothes than some running stores, I know Fartklet does not mean like it sounds. I go to bed at 9pm; I get up early just to do it all over again. Why do I do this? Because I am a runner and that's who I am"

No comments:

Post a Comment