Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Thursday, January 5, 2012

I will try new things

I am not one to make New Year's resolutions mostly because I never stick to the bloody thing.  However, I am making the decision to try new things.  Nothing off the wall, like bungee jump, sky dive, swim the ocean. I am thinking more along the lines of food.  I tend to shy away from things that either as a kid left a bad memory, funky looking textures, smells or just "could" taste bad.

After spending some time searching on Runner's World web site I found a few meal ideas that looked good. One thing runners have in common is finding the time to make meals.  When I am pressed for time I tend to grab what ever in the pantry and toss it together.  Which in return is not always the best of choices, or I grab a quick meal out of the fridge. I am a little tired of eating the same thing so often.

One meal idea I came across was a breakfast wrap.  Normally the word spinach and roasted tomato's would make me shy away, but keeping with the positive attitude of "I will try new things" I put my big girl pants on and gave it a spin.

Just a few ingredients:


1 Flat Out Wrap
2 Eggs,  beaten, you could use egg whites to make this to bring down the calorie count.
1 TBS Parmesan Cheese (I used pre-grated)
1 TBS Sun dried tomato pesto
3 strips pre-cooked bacon (I used the microwave stuff)
1 cup chopped spinach
Salt and Pepper to taste

~On flat out wrap, spread sundried tomato pesto and top with bacon strips 
~In a small bowl whisk together eggs, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
~Coat small fry pan with oil and pour in egg mixture, swirl eggs around to get a good coat. Add spinach then hold fry pan up to oven broiler for 1-2 minutes or until eggs are no longer “runny” looking.
~Fold eggs in half and place on wrap. Wrap in foil and take to go!

Nutrition, according to Myfitnesspal.com
Total Calories 476
Carbs: 14
Fat: 33
Protein: 33
Review:
Taste overall was wonderful!  Surprizing I do like spinach and sun dried tomato's.  Even though the sun dried tomato pesto have a loose paste texture.  I still have to work up to the whole pieces. It took about 10 minutes to make and I think that I could make this a day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment