Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sea-Level ROCKS!!

One of the things I was really looking forward to when I got to San Jose this last week was being at sea-level. You see Colorado Springs is close to 7,000 feet and training in the thinner air is supposed to give you a great advantage when you get down to sea-level, where your body just "swims" in the extra oxygen and propels you to great athletic feats of wonder. IT must be so, because the U.S. Olympic Committee has a large training center in the Springs, and we all know how many Olympic medals U.S. athletes accumulate thanks in part to their high altitude training.

Now, granted, my expectations of finishing a mile in record speed was a little high. I had visions of me running all over the neighborhood that I grew up on and people would see me running and be in awe just like I am of those that pass me on the Tuesday night runs. I was hopping that I would run swiftly and smoothly and feel light as a feather.

Well, I did clock some of my best miles and that gave me a boost of confidence and it motivated me. I felt great about my runs, however, my vision were a little off. The cold air felt so good and it felt like my lungs were not as tight and was much easier to breath.

I just hope when I hit the Colorado pavement that I will not turn into a wheezing asthmatic. I think that I will hit the elliptical machine since this week bring 90+ degree weather, which makes it hard to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment