Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Friday, February 17, 2012

Signs

Ever feel like there are days that all signs point to go home and forfeit your workout?  But the competitor in you will not let you give in to temptation?  Yesterday happened to be one of those days.

It has been a bit of a hectic week at work and the idea of just sitting on the couch with my usual Thursday night guilty pleasure of a three meat pizza and a light beer while catching the latest episode of Grey’s Anatomy sounded ideal.  Deep down I knew I had to peal my ars off the couch and get to class.

I figured by the time that I would get there I would perk up and feel a little bit better. However, from the moment I got there all the signs said, go home. 

Sign One: The Check In
I forgot my card or at least it was not in my gym bag. No biggie they can just look me up. Except today there is a new worker and he looks just like a slightly younger version of Jonathan Rhys Meyers (JRM). He quickly flashes me a smile and his sparkly blue eyes look right at me as I sheepishly ask, “excuse me I forgot my card, can you check me out, I mean in?”

Come on who wouldn't melt over the baby blue eyes, espically if you have ever seen the The Tudors.

Sign Two: Tron is missing a gadget
 After checking about 15 lockers I found one that was not being used, so I started to empty my bag and pull out my gear. Some days I feel like Tron, with my variety of gadgets.  I quickly noticed that I forgot my number one must have gadget! My Nike sports watch!  CRAP! I should go home and just run around the neighborhood. I almost packed it in, but the thought of walking past the blue eyed JRH who checked me in after only being in the building for 5 minutes felt so mortifying, I decided to suck it up, after all I have my heart rate monitor and I know where my “target” heart rate should be.

Sign Three: The Crazy Lady
After watching this meat head try to figure out how to make the water come out of the fountain, this BTW was really funny. I am sure the thoughts in his head sounded something like this, “Mongo Push Button, Mongo Want Water, Mongo Need Water.” I finally made my way up the stairs to the cycling room. I thought that I would have my favorite spin instructor, but instead I spot my not so favorite spin instructor.  I like to call her “the crazy lady” mostly because she yells at you and uses stupid terminology like “attack, “fabulous” and my least favorite I see you”, which just sounds creepy. She also likes to sing in class, which I find highly annoying.  Again, I decide to suck it up.

Sign Four: Big Bubba
I dialed in my bike and started an easy warm up.  Just as I neared four miles in walks Big Bubba! Big Bubba chooses the bike right in front of mine and starts to warm up.  Now a man on a bike is crazy sexy, but just looking at Big Bubba’s ass swallow up the cycling seat makes me wonder if that is at all comfortable. Don't get me wrong it is great that he is trying to do something good for himself, I just don't want it in front of me. I adjust my gaze just slightly and keep going.  Letting thoughts pass thru my head I start to find myself in a good rhythm.  Just as class is about to get underway, the Crazy Lady turns on the fans to circulate the air. All of a sudden I am pulled out of my trance and can smell this god awful stench. I realize quickly that Big Bubba is crop dusting!  Oh come on! I know gas is a normal way of life, but please can’t the seat plug up the hole in your ass that is causing that rank smell to seep out! I am too stubborn to get off my bike; after all I was here first he should move! I thought about getting off and walking out of class, but felt that the Crazy Lady would feel insulted so I once again bucked it up!

All thru the class I kept bringing the towel to my mouth and breathing thru it every time Big Bubba let one slip out.  I kept gasping and hacking the air hopping that he would hear me and stop crop dusting!  Thank goodness this class is only 45 minutes. As soon as we wrapped up the “ride” I grabbed a wet wipe and wiped down my bike and got out of the room as quickly as possible.  I took a deep breath in, the smell of fresh sweaty air smelled so much better then the cycling room. The upside to all this is I didn’t give into temptation, but the next time signs start to point to stay home, I will listen.

Now where the heck is that pizza?


I run in the snow, rain, wind and heat. I run until I cannot run anymore then I run some more. I run thru the blur of tears, the aches and pains and then I keep going. I have more running clothes than some running stores, I know Fartklet does not mean like it sounds. I go to bed at 9pm; I get up early just to do it all over again. Why do I do this? Because I am a runner and that's who I am"

4 comments:

  1. totally your funniest blog ever! It helps that I can see all the places that you were as this occurred.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I was laughing the whole time as I wrote this and re-reading it.

      Delete
  2. ROTF LMAO...Mongo...Big Bubba I haven't laughed so hard in a while, great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! Crop dusting... ugh, I can't imagine! You deserve an award for sticking to it... or pizza at least :-)

    ReplyDelete