Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Winter Series Race #3 Santa Fe Trail @ Baptist Road

Today when I woke up at 7am I looked out the window I saw snow on the ground. CRAP I thought to myself this is going to suck!  I really thought about calling Kim and telling her that I was going to fold today's run.  I checked the PPRR web site and saw that the run was going to go off as planned, and then Beth's post about Sherry came up.  I really needed to see that because it kicked my butt into gear.

As I got closer to the trail the snow started to come down faster, thank goodness I decided to change out my wiper blades before I left the house.  I do like to run in the snow and in the cold, but 9 degrees and wind chill is a little colder then I prefer.

Not only was today's run the 3rd race of the Winter Series, it was the virtual run for Sherry Arnold. While I was running I kept Sherry on my mind.  I thought about all the people that were running in her honor and what it means to her family that so many people took part in today's virtual run. Every time that I thought about slowing down and giving into the cold, I thought of Sherry and it pushed me thru the lows.

Bleow Kim (on left) and I meet Jeff Gallop (on right).  Later I found out that he writes a blog called, Barefoot Inclined.  He is new to running and I enjoy reading his journey, it makes me remember when I started.

Overall today's run was really great! My time was a little slow but overall I feel pretty good about my times. According to my watch I put out 11 minute splits.  My next run will be a 10K I hope to run it in under 60 minutes, it may not happen since the 4th race is going to be hilly.  So my thoughts could be a little presumptuous.


I run in the snow, rain, wind and heat. I run until I cannot run anymore then I run some more. I run thru the blur of tears, the aches and pains and then I keep going. I have more running clothes than some running stores, I know Fartklet does not mean like it sounds. I go to bed at 9pm; I get up early just to do it all over again. Why do I do this? Because I am a runner and that's who I am"

2 comments:

  1. Good job! Keep going Tiff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the pic! I apologize as I should have introduced myself.. I'll blame my poor manners on being frozen :-). Also glad to tune into another local blog..this is great! I'll see you at race 4 in a few week!

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete