Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Winter Series #4 Black Forest 10K

Well this was the last of the Winter Series, and what a way to wrap it up!  We had beautiful weather it was is the lowers 40's and the sun was shining which is an ideal running conditions.  The course was covered in about 75% ice, so my yaktrax's were very handy.

I tried to embrace the positive vibes of the day and tried to run to the best of my ability.  I have been battling a wicked cold for the last 4days. Kimmy aka "Dr. Kim" seems to think I have walking pneumonia.  The stubbornness in me doesn't think so.  I just think it is a common cold that I got from one of the lovely cherubs at school, dam those kids! 

I tried to run my best, the first two miles were pretty good and had nice splits, hills and all, but after that my coughing fits and hacking started.  You know when you have a good ruinning parter becasue they doesn't care if you stop every 10 feet to get a rock out of your shoe, they look away when you need to "farmer blow" slows down for you when you need to hack up your left lung. Lets you dig the extra klenex out of their back butt pocket so you don't have to use your gloves.

Along the route I had thoughts of getting a "pussy pickup". I must have been eyeballing the rescue trucks like a starving runway model looks at a medium well jucy burger. Who wouldn't want to sink their chompers in to that?  Ummm, maybe that will be dinner....








The views were stunning, open fields, blue skys and the fresh smell of horse shit in the air.  Between me hacking up what ever is lingering in my lungs and the horse shit I am surprised that I didn't up chuck the peanut butter and toast I had before the race. I like farm animals but I don't like the smell they leave behind.

When I saw mile marker 4 I knew I was almost there. Knowing that I ran the firt two miles well, I figured I can do the last two and come in with a decient time. The last mile came up and I was able to run it in a little easier since it was down hill. I finshed with an okay time, not great but not my best. 

I have trained my body to preform better then I did but somedays I have off days.  This race happened to be that day.  This makes me remember that I am doing something most people only wish they could do and I should be proud of how far I have come in my running journey.  Sometimes days like this brings me back to reality and makes me remember that I am only human and that I need to take care of my body mentally and physically.





I run in the snow, rain, wind and heat. I run until I cannot run anymore then I run some more. I run thru the blur of tears, the aches and pains and then I keep going. I have more running clothes than some running stores, I know Fartklet does not mean like it sounds. I go to bed at 9pm; I get up early just to do it all over again. Why do I do this? Because I am a runner and that's who I am"



2 comments:

  1. Great job, considering the lung you were hacking up :-). And I'm with you... a year ago I couldn't run 200 yards without stopping to catch my breath. Fast time, slow time... doesn't matter.. I'm always happy to have the healthy and mobility to finish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good day yesterday. Hope you're feeling better! There's always the next one and as the saying goes. "we're lapping everyone on the couch!"

    ReplyDelete