Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Manitou Incline

Today I met up with Kim to do the Manitou Incline. It has been a while since I have last done the Incline and frankly I have been a little hesitant since the last time I did it I couldn't finish it.  When you look up, you see this:


Little intimidatinging huh?
BTW.... there is only one way up once you start.

The base sits at 6,530ft and the top is 8,550ft. The climb up is just about one mile so your quads and lungs get quite the work out.

As I took on the climb, first thing I noticed, is that I was able to keep a pretty good pace, just stopping to take a drink of water and take pictures. I can tell the spin classes and the hill runs, have made my legs so much stronger. That and I am in much better physical shape then I was the first time I did this.  There were some people that passed me on the way up, but thank goodness I did not get lapped like my first time.

Once I got to the top, I was hot and sweaty. As I waited for Kim to finish coming up, the wind started up and that started to chill me. We do our usual photo pose at everything we do.


We decided that we would do the extended loop and run down the Barr Trail. The trail had an icy spot between some rocks that startled me a little, but over all the Trail was pretty clean and free from snow. Few loose rocks here and there but over all a nice jog down.


Time to get up 00:50:18
Total time with the extended loop 1:58:43


I run in the snow, rain, wind and heat. I run until I cannot run anymore then I run some more. I run thru the blur of tears, the aches and pains and then I keep going. I have more running clothes than some running stores, I know Fartklet does not mean like it sounds. I go to bed at 9pm; I get up early just to do it all over again. Why do I do this? Because I am a runner and that's who I am"

3 comments:

  1. It's the dynamic duo! Nice job.. and a great time for getting to the top! That is my usual route down.. and yes, the rocky cave area is tricky... I've learned to hang on to the rocks for dear life while navigating that little slick spot.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff, I really was shocked at my time too! I really thought it would have taken me longer!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Good for you! That DOES look intimidating.

    ReplyDelete