Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Where is the commitment?

I hate the gym this time of year, this means that the gym is supper crowded in January little less in February and then in March it will return to my normal dungeon of sweat and solitude that I have come to know and love and I can resume my routine without interruption, but HELLO, where is the commitment?

Don't miss read what I am saying.  I support anyone that want to start the New Year off with a good resolution to loose weight, get in shape, or just "try new things". The hardest step is the first one out the door, let alone getting to the gym, hopping on the treadmill walking/jogging net to the guy/girl who t'mill reads 10+ miles and a pace of 6.8!

According to CNN a long-term study by University of Washing found that only 40% of people who stick to their resolution d0 it on the first try.  The rest had to try multiple time; 17% finally reached their goal after more than six attempts.  Those that stuck with it should be congratulated.

Just because January is here and you say you are going to do something doesn't mean that it will just magically happen.  There is no magic that is sprinkled down on everyone at midnight that makes all the things you say happen.  You have to want to put in the time and the effort, you have to want to stick with it,  If not you are setting yourself up for big time failure.

Believe me when I say I've been there.  I had many broken resolutions, failed commitments, unanswered promises, missed deadlines.  I used to be 42 pounds heavier and couldn't run to the end of the block.  The day Mom was diagnosed with Cancer was the day I decided that I would stop making excuses for myself and just get out there and do it.  End of story. PERIOD!  No matter how hard it was I kept going, I pushed myself thru the pain, the tears, anger and each time I did it, it got easier.

Just remember slow and steady wins the race, and although only 40% of people stick to their New Year's resolutions, there is no reason why your have to become one of these statistics that do not stick with it.  Write down your resolutions, take each day as it comes and don't become too disappointed if the results don't come as quickly as you expected.  If you stick to your plan, you'll get there eventually....and it will all have been worth it.

Good luck with those resolution today and all year long.

No comments:

Post a Comment