Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Monday, January 30, 2012

Virtual Run for Sherry Arnold- February 11, 2012


The disappearance and death of Sherry Arnold shocked, sadden and angered her small town in Sydney, Montana. It has also rocked the running world from all over. In one way or another we all feel connected to Sherry.  Some of you may have even cried, prayed and hoped for Sherry's safe return, I know I have.  

Two men were arrested, one from North Dakota and one from South Dakota.  One of the men confessed to killing Sherry.  However her body has not been found.  She was abducted at 6:40am. Which means she was only ten minutes from her home, she was only about a mile give or take a little in to her run. She usually ran near her home and with a small population of 6,000 in Sydney, Montana you would think it was safe.  Apparently not.

Even thou I do not know Sherry personally I feel incredibly connected to her, especially when I run. I used to run free and just be one with the road. Now I am leery of every stranger that I pass along the trail, every car I see drive by, every corner I turn I look for evil to jump out. I used to blast my music and get lost in the rhythm of my foot steps on the ground under my feet, the air enter my lungs with every breath that I take and look towards the sky and “just be free”.  Now when I look towards the sky I think of Sherry and how she was doing something that she loved and hope that she is looking down on all of us runners and watching over us.

Beth, Sherry’s cousin from Shut Up + Run has coordinated a virtual run with the blessing of Sherry's family.  It will be Saturday February 11th 2012 at 9am MST. Mark your calendars
  • Print out a running bib and pin it to your shirt (see below)
  • Gather your friends, your running club members, your families
  • If it’s wet where you are, “laminate” your bib with postage tape and punch holes in it
  • If that time doesn’t work, go when you can
  • GO. Run as far and as long as you want. Walk, hike, cycle, roller blade if you don’t want to or can’t run.
  • Please share this on your blogs, Facebook and Twitters
  • Keep it simple. Just run with Sherry on your minds and hearts.
Click HERE to print the bib.


For more information on this run you can read Beth’s blog HERE. Beth has also set up a DONATION button on her page. The funds will go to Sherry’s children, Holly and Jason.



"I run in the snow, rain, wind and heat. I run until I can not run anymore then I run some more. I run thru the blur of tears, the ackes and pains and then I keep going. I have more running clothes than some running stores, I know Fartklet does not mean like it sounds. I go to bed at 9pm, I get up early just to do it all over again. Why do I do this? Because I am a runner and that's who I am"

No comments:

Post a Comment