Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Winter Series Race #1 Cheyenne Mountain State Park

I was really hoping that I would have run a better race. I checked the snow report the day before and it was noted that 15-20% of the trail was covered in ice/snow. I thought that I could handle that so there was no need for me to put screws in my shoes. Well, the snow report and I were very wrong. It felt like the course was at least 40% or more covered in snow. It was slippery and very slow going, which frustrates the heck out of me because I have been training and wanted to see what I can do.  With the follow the leader race, you get stuck in line and you can’t get out. So my times were very disappointing.

 
Kim and I before the race, this is our traditional before race picture.
The trail was at Cheyenne Mountain State Park. The trail had a 251ft elevation gain, with rolling hills. As many of you know I hate hills and trails! This trail was very narrow and with the ice it made it nearly impossible to pass anyone.

On the upside, we couldn't have asked for better weather! It was sunny with temps in the 50's. So this was ideal running conditions. Besides the ice/snow oh, yes and the mud too.

Overall this race was fun mostly because my Brother (Nick) and his fiance (Carmen) decided to run this with me while they are in town visiting. 

As you can see I knew I was going to have shitty times, so I decided to have fun with this race and "Tebow" it at one point. People around me were laughing :)
Official time: 00:40:11
Overall: 372 / 473
Gender Place: 140 / 220
Age Place: 25 / 34

No comments:

Post a Comment