Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Winter Series Race #2 El Pomar Youth Sports Park

Even with the weather being in the low 20's it was a great day for a run.  The race started off fast but I was able to settle into my pace with ease.  I knew that all those people that started out way to fast would feel it by Mile 2.  This time Kim and I were able to stick together this run.  I looked down at my watch and noticed we settled into a faster than normal pace. I thought for sure we'd crap out early but I was surprised.

Kim and I noticed a puker before finishing the first mile. I guess a race is not complete unless you pass an early puker before Mile 1.  What's with the Winter Series and people having the need to vomit before even hitting the first mile?  I guess there are just norms in trail races.  Like crop dusting and vomiting :)

By mile 2 I could feel the trail start incline, and it reflected in my splits.  When I hit mile 2 it was all down hill from there.  Kim and I started to pick of those runners that passed us at the gate one by one.  We'd see a runner and fall in a single file line and push around the runner, as we picked them off one by one we started to gain speed.

When we hit Mile 3 we decided to empty our gas tanks and let it all go! We finished strong and was please with my splits and overall performance.  Here are my splits:


Official Time: 00:41:49
Overall: 384/490
Gender Place: 148/226
Age Place 24/34

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good run. You and Kim are having a great time. Glad your times were better this run. mom & dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great. I'm so happy you had a great time.
    Love,
    Carmi

    ReplyDelete