Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Shoes say so much..

I love shoes! I feel that shoes say a lot about a person. Also, I love that no matter how much weight you gain or lose your shoes always stay the same size.

That being said, after work yesterday, I decided I would stop by the Colorado Running Company to look at a new pair of shoes to replace my Asics that are quite a few years old. I have heard at the store that they put you on a treadmill and watch you run, help you pick out a pair of shes that are best for your feet.

Since, I had left knee surgery a few years ago, I have been cautious about in re-injuring my knee again. I don't want to ever have to do that again. I tore my meniscus, bruised my ACL, and bruised my femur and tibia. All that done while running, maybe it had to do with my Ascis? Or me just being the klutz that I am.
I spent some time handling the shoes, and looking at the styles. I concentrated more on shoe's that had an integrated ship system for my Nike+, which happened to be either Nike or Adidas.
I got tested for something called "pronation" and "supination". Pronation is a turning outward of the foot or ankle, so that one has a tendecy to walk on the inner border of the foot. Supination is the opposite of pronation.

First they gal had me stand on this squishy jell pad that was connected to a computer. This showed my pressure points. I mostly stand on my right back heal. Which I expected, I had learned to stand on my right after surgery. It also showed that my right foot had a fallen arch, which I again contribute it to standing on the right. The gal asked me to walk for her to look at my arches. So, I strutted my stuff and she told me that when I walk my arches flatten out. Honestly, this I already knew, since I wear inserts in my shoes to help with my arches. What I was more interested is to know if I was running "normal".
I tried on three different types of shoes that were best suited for my feet. Two different pairs of Nike's and one of pair Adidas. I walked around with both shoes on, two different shoes on, both shoes on....and ran up and down the bock. I finally narrowed it down to two different Nikes. I hopped on the treadmill two different times. My running was recorded for each pair of shoes and compared side by side. My left foot is "normal" however my right foot, I tend to run slightly on the inside of my foot, which is known as, "over pronation". I still believe that it is due to my knee
My final decision:
Arn't they pretty?
Let's hope these bad boys carry me through my first 5K run! Pink is my favorite color not that it helped me make my decision, but it sure doesn't hurt. Under the left insert there is the chip integrated system. This will be nice, because I forget my chip pack often and hopefully this will help me keep track of my progress a little more.



No comments:

Post a Comment