Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Don't Take the Dog!


With the weather being a little cooler I decided that I would head out for a little jog. I went upstairs to get ready and while putting on my shoes. I look over and see Orion. He was looking at me like "Mommy, can I come too?" While lacing up I look over at these happy little brown eyes I thought to myself well, he is looking a little chunky and I guess he could use a jog. What's wrong in wanting to benefit your dog and yourself?

Why not I thought to myself, so, I grab his harness and a baggie and away we go. Or so I thought. How quickly MY jog turned into Orion's jog. He has the need to stop and mark everything we passed! This what his brain must have been thinking:

"Oh, look a tree, that's mine. Oh, look a rock, that's mine. Oh look weeds, that's mine. Oh look wait that's not mine, I must mark that too..."

I think you get the picture. Half way through I told myself, well maybe he's just not ready to take on this length? Mid way through my thoughts I feel a yank on my arm. I look back and Orion has decided that he was done. No matter how much coaxing I did he was not going to move. I walk over to pick him up and he decided that he hot a burst of energy and takes off. WTF! I thought he was out of steam! Guess he wanted to pull the old "SIKE" Mom out since she tricked me into going on a jog instead of a stroll.

As we round the last corner of our jog. I decide to pick up the pace. What was I thinking? I am not ready for this, my chest tightens and I start to feel light headed. Just a few more steps and I am there. I see the house in site, come on legs you can do this. I hit the driveway with since of relief and an enormous amount of pain in my chest. Guess I am more out of shape then I thought I was. How on earth will I ever make the journey to a little 5k?

I unharnessed Orion and he darts for the water bowl, and I hit the fridge and gulp down water like it is going out of style....OUCH brain freeze!

Time to go log this and then hit the showers, tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment