Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Decisions...

40 Days Until My First Race

Yesterday I did not run, but I did do am 8mile ride with Brad in the mountains, it was nice to change up the views.

Today I ran 1.43 miles and I felt good about this because the distance that I thought I was running was 1.0 miles. Thanks to the Nike+ I found out my run was longer, this makes me feel better about my progress. Today I ran/walked this in 18 minutes, which I am getting quicker each day.

I signed up for a "coach" on the Nike+ web site. According to this, my next run will be Tuesday and I am scheduled to run 3 miles. YIKES! Guess it will be a good time to join the Jack Quinn's running group. They have races on Tuesday's. Monday is an off day for me, I am not so sure I will take it off though. According to the "coach" in 12 weeks I will be ready for my first 5k run. 12 weeks? Well I guess everything takes time and patience.

So, I have 12 weeks? I guess that is a reasonable goal...but I was hopping for something a little sooner. I did take some time last night to look at a few races in the area. There are two that I am considering one is the "Run for Hope 5K" the other is the "Alex Hoag Run for Sunshine"

The "Run for Hope 5K" supports the circle of hope fund, which supports Memorial Health system cancer patients with living expenses while on treatment for there illness.

The "Alex Hoag Run for Sunshine" is a foundation the brings awareness to Proteus Syndrome, which can affect different systems of the body such as, increased organ, bone or body size; tumors of the vascular system and fat cells; extreme deformities; pulmonary embolisms; which call lead to death.

I have considered both runs, one which hits home for me and the other is a great cause for a local family in Colorado Springs. After thinking about both of these, I will attend the Alex Hoag Run for Sunshine. I want to save my emotional connection for cancer patients for a special race. Something I am ready for and have prepared for. I want to make it memorable.

The Alex Hoag race will be a great testing point to see how I can do. Not only will this be a great test. It sounds to be entertaining. I will finish at the Sky Sox Stadium! After the race there is a pancake breakfast which will be prepared by the COS Firefighters! This was voted by CO Running Magazine as the "Best 5K run in Colorado" in 2006.

So with that said, my race will be Saturday July 17th. I will register for the 25-29 age group. To run or to walk? I would like to sign up for the run, but I think the walk maybe better for me since I have not completed 5K running all the way. Perhaps I should wait until Tuesday after the Jack Quinn Run/Walk race. This will give me the base line to see if I can do this.

Thoughts: If I believe in myself and I believe that I can do this I know I can.

The only problem is staying focused. I need to stay focused! This also means I should take better care of my body. Shoes, payment and water are not the only factor that I should take into consideration. Being healthy is another major factor if you don't feel well then you will not preform well.

So, this looks like I have quite a few decisions to think about. Let's see what Tuesday brings.


Alex Hoag Run for Sunshine:
http://www.alexhoagrun.org/register.html

Jack Quinn Running Group:
http://www.jackquinnsrunners.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment