Tiffany's PR's

Tiffany's PR's
~1M: 07:43
~5K: 00:28:51
~10K 01:03:56
~Half: 02:28:04
~Marathon: 04:59:11

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Still Running

Yes, I am still running just forgot to blog more. I will try to keep up on that.

Yesterday I ran the Jack Quinn's 5K race and did it in 40 minutes! I am happy with my time, I would like to do this in 30 minutes or less and I have five weeks to go. I think that is a realistic goal.

My new shoes were wonderful and I didn't have sore feet after the run which was nice. Although that stupid hills still kicked my "ars" and the thin air still gets me. I need to work on my breathing, I get to panting and it makes it harder to run.

I found that if I run through my leg cramps it does get easier, so that was nice to realise. I also ran much further this week. I did a good run walk method. I would like to try and limit more of my walking. I also forgot my gum so I ended up with cotton mouth ICK! I was at Walgreens today and looked for the gum with "energy" in it. Like it really helps but I figured I would give it a try.

Last Thursday I was proud of myself, I could have been a "Lard Butt" and sat on the couch after Brad and I went out to dinner, but I got myself outside and ran my fastest 1.45 mile! That was a great feeling.

Friday, we went out for our anniversary and I did not run, Saturday and Sunday brought rain, which made it less desirable to run. Monday I ran at lunch and felt back on track. Today is a rest day and I need it my right quad is killing me and very sore, I have been trying to massage it out, but nothing has helped, I hope that I did not do something bad to it. I don't want to be writing about and injury instead of my journey towards my first race. So, I will take it a little easier over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment